Tuesday, September 25, 2007

36 Weeks!

I’d guess you would say we’re down to the home stretch and I think we’re somewhere between nervous and excited. Doctor’s visits are weekly on Friday’s from here on out. Last week’s visit went well. Fortunately, it was the same-old-same-old; normal weight, normal size, and the baby’s heartbeat was strong and easy to locate. The only issue that popped up recently was heartburn. Brooke had it a little early on in the pregnancy but it went away after the first trimester. Unfortunatly, it had come back with a vengeance just in the last two weeks but the doctor recommended Pepcid and that has worked wonders.

We’ve packed our hospital bags and worked on all the paperwork. We’ve been to the new baby and hospital orientation classes. There’s one more next week on emergency first aid. I pray we never need that one but its better safe than sorry. The baby’s room is pretty much complete - that kid’s got more crap than I do. I guess the only thing left is to get our heads around what’s about to happen. The sharp, strong kicks on Brooke’s belly tell me that this is for real. I can honestly say that we’re just plain ready.

In other news, Brooke’s co-workers threw her a surprise baby shower this week. It was very thoughtful of them and we got some great gifts. We also selected a pediatrician this month. We went by her office for a visit and were very impressed. They have two separate waiting rooms; one for sick kids and one for kids in for routine visits.

I guess that’s it for now. Oh, almost forgot.


The 36 week belly shot!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for the two of you. Brooke looks great! I looked like a beached whale with all of mine. Gaining a whopping 90 + pounds with Sara Thomas. Brooke just glows even in pictures. Miss you and hope to hear from you soon.

Cousin Angie

Anonymous said...

We are so excited, Brooke you look great. I cannot wait for my little niece or nephew. I have a feeling that although time seems like it is flying now, it will slow considerably from the time baby Moody is born and when we can go out to visit at christmas....Brent keep blogging and giving us updates...how is roxy and willis doing?

Anonymous said...

Now that's the belly we've been waiting for! I can't wait to see the gift I am going to win for picking the sex and birth date at your shower :)

I'm glad things are going well. Can't wait to see you guys again with your new little one!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited. Brooke looks so pretty. Love u three

Mom

Anonymous said...

so freaking exciting! i miss you guys so much! can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

kristin schwartz

Anonymous said...

You have been in my thoughts this week. It is almost time for TINY BABY MOODY to arrive! Does it seem real yet? You both will be wonderful parents! We can't wait to have a little one in the family. It has been way to long. Love you and take care!

Aunt Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi Brooke and Brent,
You have been in my thoughts and prayers for your upcoming exciting event. I can't wait to hear about the baby. It sounds like you are all set for the little cherub to enter the world. Your whole lives will change with the new focus. God bless you,
Love, Aunt Nancy