Sunday, February 17, 2008

First Cold!

The big story of the past week has been Parker's first cold. He came down with it last weekend and by Sunday night, he was coughing constantly and his nose was running bad. So Monday morning I took him to the walk-in clinic at his pediatrician’s office. That was a circus. We got there 5 min after opening but there were already 20 kids in front of us. Some were clearly sick but I honestly think some of the older kids were just trying to get out of school. Anyway, he's on antibiotics for the first time. I feel bad having a 4 month-old on meds but it doesn't feel as bad as looking at a 102.5 fever in the middle of the night and a baby crying in pain.

The good news is that he responded right away to the medicine and he's doing very well. But we were warned that we would catch everything that he gets and now Brooke and I are fighting a cold. That's hard when we're trying to wrap up at our jobs and get ready to move.

For those of you who haven't already heard, we are re-locating to the east coast. I'm going to be working in the Greensboro Triad area and we're actually moving the last week of the month. It is bitter sweet in that we can't wait to be closer to family but we are so going to miss SoCal and our dear friends here. That is a subject for its own blog so I'll leave it at that.

Also congratulations to Cori and Patrick on the birth of their twins. Any pregnancy is a challenge but twins are extra tough. But they stayed strong throughout and now have two beautiful baby girls. Way to go guys!

We've put up three new videos taken in the last few days. Here's the tickle one.



And here are a few pictures taken lately:







I'll try to get a post up as we get near the move and how that's going with the baby. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how much he has grown...Cant wait to see you all

Love Aunt Jill and Uncle Greg

Anonymous said...

Parker is so darn cute!! What a sweetie! I can't wait to see him in person.
Good luck with your move.
Love,
Aunt Sandy